Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Photographs of Being Earnest

The Importance of Being Earnest


Here are a bunch of backstage and onstage photos of our recent production of "The Importance of Being Earnest." Thank you to everyone who came to see it!

Theater is a lot like Greatness. Some are born with it, some achieve it, and some have it thrust upon them. The production of “The Importance of Being Earnest” used those born with great abilities (whether it be piano playing, acting, painting, or just looking hot in a maid outfit) and thrust at them the doable yet strenuous task of putting on this show in two weeks. This truly was the culmination of my theatre experience. I can’t help but feel as if all the shows I’ve done these past three years were somehow leading to this, these two weeks. We did “Earnest,” we did one of my favorite plays ever, and now it’s over and it’s as if there is a small part of me left behind with it.

I’ll never be able to express how deeply grateful I am to have had such a dedicated and talented group of people to make this dream come true, but I suppose sappy blog posts are a step in the right direction.

Karen

No comments: